When buying a new car, doubts often invade our heads about aspects that we should not overlook and that, therefore, we must assess before making the purchase. There are several factors to consider throughout the purchase process and not regret our choice over time.
Here are some tips:
- The first thing we must do when we go to buy a new car is to stop and think about what our real needs areand how we are going to use it. You must choose a car that suits your present and future needs, since the bulk of the population holds your car between 8 and 13 years.
You should ask yourself what your present and future plans are, evaluate the possibility of children and family vacations or you want a car to travel by mountain or more sports. So, you will have to decide the type of car you want.
- Choose some models before going to a dealer.
The next step, once we know our real needs and the models that can be adjusted to our budget, it is best to discard the models that do not interest usaccording to their technical characteristics and / or equipment.
- Search, compare and choose the best
According to the chosen models, visit different dealers to analyze all the offers of the market, since the prices can vary up to 10%. Also, do not limit yourself to your city and ask for prices in dealerships in other autonomous communities. In some cases there are differences ranging from 50 euros to 3,000 euros.
- Currently, sellers and brands offer the possibility of performing a vehicle test without obligation. Take a spin with the car you want to buy and make sure of its qualities and technical characteristics. First impressions are very important for decision making.
- What to do with your used car?
If you intend to deliver your used car as part of the payment, you must take into account the pricing of your car. Although it is impeccable, you have taken great care of it. The wheels are new and the last wash is impeccable. The valuation tables of GANVAM are overwhelming. Certainly, automobiles are a consumer good that devalue very quickly, and the date of first registration is the fundamental fact. If the car is well taken care of, the valuation will hardly go up, but the defects will detract from it.
The seller has little room for maneuver here, mainly because the used car is not bought by the dealer, but by the second-hand car department, which is generally an independent business within the dealership. The most common strategy will be to increase the value of the used car somewhat, but without touching the price of the new one.
- Financing is the key
Financing is the real source of income for a car salesman. For something almost all brands have their own financial, in addition to countless agreements with surrounding banks. Brand finance companies tend to be less demanding when granting credit, but in return they will charge you more interest. If you intend to finance the purchase of the car, you will surely get a better price, but you will pay more than the monthly installments.
- Latest model?
Check that the model you have chosen compensates with respect to its previous version. Sometimes, for changes that are not very significantfrom one model to another, they can charge you a significant difference in price.